Shannon Lecture Series Archive
2012–13 :: Integrating Faith and Science: Dilemmas, Debates, and Decisions
Lisa Sowle Cahill
- Catholic Bioethics, Political Priorities, and the Common Good
- Jesus, Feminism, and Catholic Women
- The Dance of the Fertile Universe: Chance and Destiny Embrace
- Scientific Evolution: A Challenge to American Society
- Christ and Evolution as Theo-Drama
- Human Nature, Evolution, and Other Animals
- A Post-Human World? Technology and the Future of Humanity
- Are We Wired for God?
- Envisioning a Sustainable Future: Ecological, Spiritual, and Ethical Perspectives
- Religions and Ecology: The Emerging Alliance
2011–12 :: Awakening the Heart: The Art(s) of Faith
- Moving with the Spirit: The Sacred Art of Jazz
- Beyond Words: Improvisation as Prayer
- When Did I See You Hungry? A Filmmaker’s Journey from Hollywood to Haiti
- The Spiritual Power of Film
- Christ in the Margins: A Living Tradition of Art
- Global Images of Holiness: Fragments of the Face of God
- Poetry, Prayer, and the Play of God
- Seeing with a Poet’s Eye: Photography as Spiritual Practice
2010–11 :: Envisioning and Shaping the Church to Come
John L. Allen Jr.
- The Future Church: How Ten Trends Are Revolutionizing the Catholic Church
- All Things Catholic
- The Next Generation: Spiritual and Religious?
- Young Adults Speak Out
- World Church, Local Church: Grace, Blessing, Challenge
- If Jesus Had Been Born in San Antonio...
- Waiting with the Spirit
- Body Matters
2009–10 :: In Dialogue with Our World
John F. Haught
- Evolution and Faith: What Is at Stake?
- Science, Faith, and the New Atheism
- Christianity and the Marketplace: Confronting the Global Economic Crisis
- Does Religion Cause Violence?
- Dying to Live: A Theology of Migration
- A Migrant's Journey: Stories from the Borderlands
- The Intrinsic Value of Life: Faith, Technology, and Society
- Body, Sex, and Pleasure: Christian Ethics Revisited
2008–09 :: Women of Wisdom and Witness
- Audacity to Believe: The Witness of a Political Prisoner
- Colloquium: The Key is Empathy: A Spirituality of Life and Work
- Women Alive in the Spirit: Wisdom of Medieval Mystics
- Colloquium: The Holy Spirit According to Women
- Women Transforming the Church: Moving Toward Communion
- Rape, Religion and Genocide: Breaking the Silence
2007–08 :: Pursuing Justice, Healing Humanity, Transforming the World
Bishop Thomas J. Gumbleton
- Pillar of Justice, Pillar of Peace
- IRAQ: US Responsibility for PEACE
- Beyond Individualism: Human Rights in the Catholic Tradition
- Loyal Dissent: What Does It Mean (To Me)?
- Justice Has a Face and a Name
- Justice: A Way of Life, Matter of Faith and Affair of the Heart
2007-06 :: Spirituality: Recovering the Sacred in Our Lives
Sandra M. Schneiders
- Being Christian
- "I'm spiritual but not religious!" - Spirituality and Religion?
- The Spiritual Journey of Generation Y - Illustrated with Drawings and Cartoons
- Spirituality as the Deepest Longing of the Heart
- The Dawning Smile: Gay Contributions to Catholic Faithfulness
- Don't Run Away from Desire! Holiness Starting Where We Are
- Living by the New Spirituality: Skills for Discernment
- Spirituality: Are We Birthing a New Paradigm?
2006-05 :: American Catholic and Perspectives on Faith and Culture
R. Scott Appleby
- American and Catholic: New Tensions in an Old Marriage
- What We Thought We Knew About Religious Fundamentalism
- Catholic Faith and Human Rights: An Agenda for the 21st Century
- The Mobilization of Shame: A World View of Human Rights
- Crossing Boundaries: Catholics and Evangelicals
- Evangelicals and Catholics Working Together
- CATOLICA - The Hispanic Face (and Fate) of the Catholic Church in the USA
- Understanding Justice in the 21st Century
2005-04 :: Vision, Reality, Challenge: Vatican II, Forty Years Later
Diana L. Hayes
- Keeping the Faith: The Ongoing Challenge of Vatican II for a Church in Crisis
- Forged in the Fiery Furnace: African American Spirituality - A Conversation with Diana Hayes about a Work in Progress
- Vatican II: Achievement and Promise
- My Long Road to a Global Ethic
- In the Wake of Vatican II: A People Adrift?
- The Spirituality of Starbucks and the Swoosh: Integrating Who We Are With What We Buy
Fr. Drew Christiansen, S.J., Ph.D.
- Catholic Theology of Peace - And War
- Human Cloning and Stem Cell Research: A Catholic Approach
Dr. Maureen Tilley
- 9/11, 311 and 411: Making History and Imaging God
Fr. Donald B. Cozzens, Ph.D.
- The Shape of Ministry in the 21st Century
- Neither Left nor Right: The Challenge of Being Catholic in American Public Life
Dr. Patrick F. O'Connell
- Thomas Merton's Vision of the Kingdom