- Upcoming Programs
American Language Institute 2013-2014
American Language Institute now offering Fall and Spring semester programs as well as special summer programs. Enroll today! Learn more
The Center for International Education (CIE) is the cornerstone of the College’s strategic commitment to international education, initiatives and activities. In planning and implementing Nazareth’s mandate to identify and address its global goals and responsibilities, the CIE has launched Nazareth’s Global Initiative through internationally focused interdisciplinary academic and development activities, study abroad programs and cultural events. The CIE also serves as an informational clearinghouse and support center for prospective international students and scholars. It offers services for undergraduate and graduate students as well as visiting scholars from abroad. The Center is also home to the year round American Language Institute (ALI), a language and culture immersion program for international students and faculty, foreign professionals and members of the greater Rochester Additionally, the CIE provides a forum through which Nazareth College’s students, faculty, staff and alumni pursue collaborative interests and projects with partner institutions around the world.
The main activities of the CIE include:
- Administration for all international students, scholars, and their dependents for information and services related to immigration regulations, personal, social, and cross-cultural adjustment.
- Overseas study programs, student and faculty exchanges, research endeavors, and cultural activities with sister institutions around the world.
- Administration of the American Language Institute.
- Planning and implementation of an internationally-oriented educational program that is reflective of the demands of a new global reality.
- Conference and colloquia support, cultural events, and scholarly publications with interdisciplinary focus on global themes, enhancing the intellectual atmosphere at Nazareth College.