M.S. Speech-Language Pathology
Preparing you with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to be effective, efficient, and ethical professionals in a diverse society is what Nazareth’s Speech-Language Pathology Graduate Program is all about. From individualized programs to meet your specific interests, to extensive hands-on clinical experience, you’ll gain knowledge and practical skills to evaluate, treat, and advocate for individuals with communication and swallowing disorders.
The program is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA). Graduates are eligible to apply for the American Speech Language Hearing Association's Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP), and New York State license in Speech-Language Pathology. If the student has completed the New York State Department of Education requirements for initial certification as a Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD), completion of the Master's degree program satisfies the academic criteria for application for the professional teacher certification (TSSLD Pre K-12 - All Grades).
- Individualized programs to meet your interests as you fulfill the certification standards required by the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
- Opportunities for interprofessional collaboration across the School of Health and Human Services.
- Strong academic curriculum with a wide range of course offerings including current topics and specialty areas. (Deafness concentration in working with individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.)
- Extensive clinical opportunities are available through our on-campus clinics, community outreach programs and a wide variety of external practical settings.
- Supportive and accessible faculty with a variety of research interests and clinical expertise.
- 100% employment rate after graduation (three-year average)
- 100% pass rate on the Praxis Examination (three-year average)
- 99% program completion (three-year average)