Movement and Dance Festival
Watch a news clip on our MAD Festival!
Watch a time-lapse video of the strike for As You Like It, Fall 2011.
Nazareth College has ranked in the top 10 Best College Theatres according to the Princeton Review's Best Colleges.
Our alumni have gone on to attend Yale, Julliard, Tisch (NYU School of the Arts), and The New School (associated with the Actor's Studio), among many others. Former students are employed at Geva, The Hartford Stage Company, Goodspeed Opera House, Jacob's Pillow Dance Festival, and Walt Disney World.
The Department of Theatre and Dance provides professional training in theatre and musical theatre performance and production as well as preparing students for graduate work and specialized advanced studies in the entertainment industry.
- To prepare students for direct entry into the professional theatre and musical theatre world, or for further study in graduate school, by providing a comprehensive training in the art, tools and skills required to create theatre of the highest caliber.
- To support Theatre students' training for teacher certification at the elementary and high school levels.
- To expose students to the musical, dance and literary repertoire of theatre and musical theatre nationally and globally.
Every day in classrooms, rehearsal halls, and studio settings, our theatre students are trained to reach inside themselves and use their talents to move audiences.
- Comprehensive training in the art, tools and skills required to create theatre of the highest caliber in both the performance and production fields.
- Individual attention and mentoring and our commitment to professionalism in performance.
- Courses in Acting, Technical Theatre, Musical Theatre, and Scene, Costume, and Lighting Design.
- A liberal arts core that makes for better, more well-rounded artists and gives them the flexibility to pursue graduate school or other fields.
- Supports training for teacher certification at the elementary and high school levels with a Theatre major, including inclusive childhood and adolescence education.
- Small program provides great opportunities to participate in a wide variety of performances in music theatre, and drama. Students may be cast in shows as early as second semester freshman year.
- Guest artists from professional theatre regularly direct, design and teach in the program. Students participate in master classes with working professionals.
- Students regularly compete at the American College Theatre Festival.
- Senior Comprehensive is designed for concentrated work in special areas under faculty supervision.
- A state-of-the-art performing Arts Center.