Movement and Dance Festival
Watch a news clip about our MAD Festival!
The Dance Minor consists of a balance of liberal arts dance studies, production/performance experience, and immersion in a variety of dance techniques. To complete the Dance Minor, students must take a minimum of 18 credits total. There is flexibility within the Electives to focus more credit hours on Dance Theory, or Production/Performance, or Dance technique, according to the student’s interests and schedule.
Total combined course credit hours must equal 18.
- THA 105 - Fundamentals and Theory of Dance (3 credits)
- Choose 1 or more of Theatre/Production/Performance Lab (costume, lighting, scene, etc.) (1 credit)
Dance Studies/Liberal Arts Electives
Choose at least 3 of the following:
- MTHA.Q 130 - Dance and Culture (3 credits)
- MTHA 310 - Dance Theory/Improv (3 credits)
- MTHA 322 - Choreography - Theories of Dance Composition I (3 credits)
- THA 333G - PII Anthropology of Dance (3 credits) / ANT 330G - PII Anthropology of Dance (3 credits)
Dance Technique Electives
Choose at least 5 of the following courses. Choose from at least 3 different styles (cannot repeat a course more than 2 times for credit).
- THA 101 - Ballet Barre Workout: Strength and Stretch (1 credit)
- THA 106 - Tap I - Introduction to Tap (1 credit)
- THA 205 - Ballet I (1 credit)
- THA 206 - Ballet II (1 credit)
- THA 304 - Modern I Dance Technique (1 credit)
- THA 305 - Jazz Dance I (1 credit)
- THA 306 - Musical Theatre Dance Styles/Audition (1 credit)
- THA 307 - Forms of Social Dance and Partnering Techniques (1 credit)