The members of the Student Development Division are professionally active both on and off campus! Please read on for highlights of these activities:
- Mimi Berry, Director of the Patricia Carter Early Learning Center, co-presented at the National Coalition of Campus Child Care Centers Annual Conference and Institute for Professional Development in San Diego, California in April of 2011. For more, please see the “Birds of a Feather Really Can Stick Together” article in the newsletter.
- Lynne Boucher, Director of Nazareth’s Center for Spirituality, was the keynote speaker at the 1st Annual Gandhi Institute Interfaith Banquet hosted by the University of Rochester in April of 2011. In January of 2012, Lynne Boucher and Dr. Muhammad Shafiq, Executive Director in the Hickey Center for Interfaith Studies and Dialogue, conducted a day-long interfaith training with 20 chaplains from Cornell University.
- Nazareth’s Career Services Department is being recognized at the upcoming National Association of Colleges and Employers conference for their outstanding commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and ally college students transitioning from academia to the workplace. Nazareth is one of 21 colleges being awarded the LGBTQ Career Center Certification Honors in June of 2012.
- Joe Seil, longtime athletic department administrator at Nazareth College, was recognized as the 2011 recipient of the Irving T. Marsh Service Bureau Award, presented by the Eastern College Athletic Conference-Sports Information Directors of America (ECAC-SIDA). For more, click here.
- Dr. Malika Kapadia, Director of Counseling Services, was appointed to the Rochester Area Group Psychotherapy Society Board in January of 2012. She will be representing this affiliate organization at the American Group Psychotherapy Association’s national conference in NYC in March of 2012.
- Donna Willome, NP, Director of Student Health Services, co-taught a week-long course in Health Assessment at Laurea University in Vantaa, Finland in April of 2011. For more, please see the “Transcultural Teaching” article in the newsletter.