The Division of Student Development supports the mission of the college by enhancing student learning and personal development in and beyond the classroom. All members of the division have a special responsibility to provide and promote enriching co-curricular and extra-curricular learning experiences. We involve students actively and intentionally in their education, striving to create a balance of challenge and support that will help students achieve their potential as members of the Nazareth community and as engaged global citizens.
Hallmarks of the Division of Student Development
- A collaborative approach that engages students, families, staff, faculty, and community partners in the learning process.
- Understanding and appreciation for cultural and human differences including race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, marital or veteran status, disability, carrier status, and genetic predisposition.
- Insistence on respectful dialogue in which the free exchange of ideas, concepts, values and viewpoints takes place in a manner that is neither threatening nor demeaning.
- Steadfast commitment to treat our students as competent and capable, and to empower them to make their own decisions and take responsibility for their actions.
- Intentional teaching focused on personal growth and development of interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement through purposeful assessment of clearly defined learning goals.