Forum on the Syrian Situation
Date: Thursday, September 12, 2013
Location: Nazareth College, Golisano Academic Center, room 38
Contact: Harry Murray, 585-389-2760
Stop the Trafficking - End the Cycle 5k Run/Walk
Date: Saturday, Sept. 28, 7-7:45 Registration 8am 5K Run - 8:45 Tot Trot - 9am 1mi. walk
Location: Meridian Centre Park, 2025 Winton Rd., Rochester, NY 14618
Sponsored by: Angels of Mercy, Inc
- Date: Thursday, September 19
- Movie "Welcome to Shelbyville" 12:00 pm GAC 38 (Refreshments will be provided)
- Lecture "Educating Students from Refugee Backgrounds in the US", Dr. Immaculee Harushimana, 4:15-5:30 pm Medaille Formal Lounge
Sponsored by the Institute for Pluralism and the Forced Migration Program
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-389-2078
- Community Partnerships
Volunteer Opportunities at Mary’s Place
- Tuesdays from 5:15PM to 8:15PM AND Saturdays 10:30AM to 2:30 PM
- Transportation provided by Glynis Jones, Coordinator of Partners for Serving
- Contact: email@example.com
Mary's Place Internship Opportunities
- Students pursuing degrees in Social Work, Education, Anthropology, Sociology, Public Health and other disciplines available.
- Contact: Cara Breslin, AmericaCorps VISTA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Opportunities at Saint’s Place
- Through the Center for Civic Engagement
- Support refugees who have resettled in Rochester, NY
- Contact: Sofiya(email@example.com)
- Provide English-language enrichment for adults & children.
- Separate and sort donations in the Saint's Place main location.
- Work in the Clothing Closet
Volunteer Opportunities at Somali Community Center of Western N.Y.
- Offer your services and material donations
- WEP programs beginning October 29th, weekdays 9am-4:30pm
- Help obtain readiness skills materials: Sewing machines and sewing supplies, gas stove, utensils (used or new), and cooking supplies (e.g. flour), computers, computer accessories, long computer tables (new or used)
- Provide English language and job readiness training: Sewing, Cooking, Basic healthcare & computer skills
- Contact: Ms. Sadiya Omar, SCWNY Vice President Sadiya.firstname.lastname@example.org 585-576-7329
Send this page to someone
Fill in the email address of your friend, and we will send an email that contains a link to this page.