Psychology students have many opportunities to collaborate with faculty on research projects and presentations. Here are a few examples of recent work.
Presentations at Conferences
- Bush, M.F. and Fangio, M. (2012) Playing Your Way to College Adjustment, Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- Bockes, T. and Goddard A. (2012) Dog Training for the Safety of the Elderly, Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- O'Loughlin, R. and Wills, D. (2012) Responses to Facebook Posts: The Role of Valence and Exaggeration, Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- Page, D. and Vizgaitis, A. (2012) Generational Differences in Happiness, Eastern Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- Steitz, D.W., and Sommerville, M. (2012) Creating Home Through Intergenerational Service-Learning: Nazareth College Gerontology Program and St. John's Community Involvement Collaborations. State Society on Aging of New York Conference, There is No Place Like Home, Fairport, NY
- Court, D., Goings, A., Edwards, J., and Steitz, D.W. (2012) Leadership and Service through Intergenerational Learning: The Older Adult and Student Partnership. State Society on Aging of New York Conference, There is No Place Like Home, Fairport, NY
- Chambers, K., Cummings, A., Elberty, C., Hewitt, C., Price, N. Sommerville, M., Teele, B., and Steitz, D.W. (2011) Nazareth College Student Partnerships and Intergenerational Engagement. Meaningful Engagement and Healthy Aging: Opportunities and Challenges Conference, Rochester, NY
- Steitz, D.W., Stryker, G., Segal, S., Montalbano, J. and Mendez, J. (2011) The
Nazareth College Gerontology Program and St. John's Meadows Senior
Living Community: A Collaboration in Learning and Community Involvement
in Rochester, N.Y., Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
Conference, Living the Old Age We Imagine: Higher Education in an Aging
Society, Cincinnati, OH
- Fagan, A. and Bush, M. F. (2009) Optimism and Coping Behavior as Predictors of Academic Success. PennYork Undergraduate Conference, Buffalo, NY.
- Fields, E. and Gutheil, G. (2009) Preschoolers' Understanding of Individual Identity. PennYork Undergraduate Conference, Buffalo, NY.
- Bush, M.F. and Youngs, S. (2008) The Effects of Media Exposure and Self-Esteem on Self Objectification and Disordered Eating Among College Women. Eastern Psychological Association, Boston, Mass.
- Page, D., Bartlett, K., and Schmeider, G. (2008) Student Motivation, Seating Position, and Class Participation. Eastern Psychological Association, Boston, Mass.
- Bockes, T. and Lampo, D. (2008) Considering God: Values and Authoritarianism. Eastern Psychological Association, Boston, Mass.
- Semple, P. and Gutheil, G. (2008) What happens when rocks grow like trees: preschoolers' use of naïve theories in pretend play. Presented at Scholars' Day.
- Steitz, D.W., Morton, M., and Raymor, J. (2007) Guided Autobiography at the Legacy Senior Residence Communities. State Society on Aging of New York Student Conference, Ithaca, NY
Independent Study Research
- Steitz, D.W., Montalbano J., and Shatas E., (2010) Older Adults and Sexuality, St. John's Meadow Senior Living Community.
- Steitz, D.W., Mahunik, A., and Della Villa L., (2010) Well Being in Older Adults, St. John's Meadow Home Senior Living Community.
Independent Research Projects: Fall 2012
- Annamarie Bailey, Children's Concepts of Family. Faculty Collaborator: Grant Gutheil.
- Court, D., Edwards, J., Goings, A., and Steitz, D.W. (2012) Leadership and learning through intergenerational learning: The older adult and student partnership. Undergraduate Journal for Service-Learning, Leadership, and Social Change, 1-8.