In the Fall of 2012, Nazareth College established a new Center for Student Success and Office for First Year Resources, a centralized office providing a network of services for all undergraduate students at the College. Located on the ground level and in the northeast wing of Smyth Hall, the CSS provides the following:
- First year parent and student resources
- Student advocacy
- Centralized information on learning support
- Advice on and connection to student involvement opportunities
- Drop-in and individual tutoring
- Connection to personal support services
- Student Emergency Funds
- Walk-in and appointments to address general concerns and questions
The CSS also coordinates success programs for first year students, including Summer Start, Academic and College Success (ACS 101), and the College Success Coaching program.
Parents of students having concerns about their transition to Nazareth may have their son or daughter contact the CSS via walk-in times or appointments. Staff members are available to listen and provide support or referral for any academic, personal or social concerns. For more information on the CSS, check out the website at or stop in at Smyth 22!
Director of Center for Student Success