- SUMMER HOURS
Limited Summer Hours for current summer students only. Please call for an appointment.
Please see our website for off-site care options.
- PPD testing in the summer
- We do not do PPDs in the summer.
- Below is a list of local offices where you can get a ppd.
- Some insurances do pay for PPDs so take your insurance card with you
- Remember you must return in 48-72 hours for a read
Walk-in PPD Testing Sites
AccelCare: $40 cash, check or credit
3400 Monroe Ave
Pittsford, NY 14618
Rochester Immediate Care $30 cash, check or credit
3 locations:1065 Ridge Road Webster, NY 14580
2685 E Henrietta Rd. Henrietta, NY 14467
2745 W. Ridge Rd. Rochester, NY 14626
Student Health Insurance Information Update: Due to the low level of student participation & significant benefit utilization in the past few years, the College was not able to secure renewal rates for the student health insurance policy.
If you need health insurance we suggest the following options:
1. If you are under 26 you may remain on your parents' insurance.
2. If that is not a possibility go to www.healthcare.gov and apply.
You may enroll immediately if you have had any of the following special events:
· Loss of insurance for reasons beyond your control or loss of employment.
· Major life change-marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of child.
The next open enrollment for the affordable care act will occur November 2014. That means anyone may enroll then. Coverage will take effect 1/1/15.
IMPORTANT: If you anticipate you will need health insurance in 2015 for a clinical requirement you MUST enroll this Fall (2014) during open enrollment. Do not wait until next year!!
4. If you already have health insurance, check with their customer service to be sure you can use it in the Rochester area.
“Slip Slop Slap Wrap”
Some people think about sun protection only when they spend a day at the lake, beach, or pool. But sun exposure adds up day after day and it happens every time you are in the sun. Simply staying in the shade is one of the best ways to limit your UV exposure but remember the following when you go outside:
- Slip on a shirt.
- Slop on sunscreen.
- Slap on a hat.
- Wrap on sunglasses to protect the eyes and skin around them.
Have a great summer!
Urgent & Emergency Care Options
If you need assistance on campus, call Campus Safety at (585)389-2850 or use your Security Escort Alert.
See After hours drop-down for urgent care center information.
Student Health Services provides health care, education and outreach services to a diverse student population. We promote campus wellness and healthy lifestyles while encouraging personal responsibility to enhance students' capacity for reaching academic & personal goals.