For More Information
Contact: Liz Zapata
Assistant Director, Web Marketing and Creative Strategy
The redesigned, mobile-friendly Naz.edu will launch Thursday, Feb 27.
- We’re easier to find. Main pages are optimized so Nazareth College ranks much higher in online searches. We’ll adapt the pages with time.
- We're easier to use. Pages about majors are easy to find, and each has a form to request info., ask our faculty a question, or begin the application process.
- Our calendar is easier to view. (Click “submit event” to contribute.)
- Our new social hub curates real-time social media posts, showing life at Nazareth directly from our community.
- Stories can appear on multiple relevant pages. If the home page features an education story, we can tag it so it also appears on the education page automatically.
- We’re mobile friendly. Our main pages adapt automatically to the size of visitors’ screens.
How the changes affect Nazareth faculty/staff:
- To keep our new pages about each major near the top of online search results, our marketing department will maintain these pages.
- We want to feature great stories about our students, faculty, and alumni, especially examples of what differentiates Nazareth: excellence in critical thinking, in global/cross-cultural understanding, in career or graduate school success, and in subject area expertise. Tell us about the people, events, places, and stories (involving you, your students or Naz graduates) that demonstrate distinctive features of a Nazareth College education. We can capture stories in a quote, a written story, or a video – but first we need to know about them. Submit your stories through the "Submit Story" link.
- We are gradually shifting pages from the old Plone content management system to the much easier-to-edit Concrete 5. We will be in touch about your role in that. In the meantime, keep information updated in Plone.
Founded in 1924, Nazareth College is located on a close-knit, suburban campus in the dynamic, metropolitan region of Rochester, N.Y. The College offers challenging academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences and professional programs in health and human services, education, and management. Nazareth's strong cultures of service and community prepare students to be successful professionals and engaged citizens. The College enrolls approximately 2,000 undergraduate students and 1,000 graduate students.