For More Information
Media: Julie Long (585) 389-2456
Nazareth College’s new Integrated Center for Math and Science will have the name Peckham Hall when it opens to students in August of this year, thanks to a $2 million gift from Larry and Nancy Peckham. Peckham Hall will play an instrumental role in leading the way for Nazareth students to receive the very best in math and science education, enabling the College to increase the number of students who pursue majors in science and math fields, as well as those who pursue careers as health and human services professionals and teachers of math and science.
“Nazareth College is enormously grateful to Larry and Nancy Peckham for this generous gift to name the Integrated Center for Math and Science,” said Nazareth President Daan Braveman. “They have looked into the future and see how this building will help Nazareth expand the number of students interested in pursuing careers in math, science, technology, healthcare and teaching. They also understand that the facility will have far-reaching impact on the Rochester community as many of our students remain in the region as healthcare professionals, teachers and professionals in STEM related fields.”
When Peckham Hall opens this fall, the new building will feature:
• 74,000 gross square feet.
• Classrooms and lab lecture rooms that offer state-of-the-art technology.
• 20 labs to serve biology, anatomy, chemistry, physics, math, computing and ecology.
• Collaboration spaces for student and faculty research.
• Two “green roof” gardens. • A greenhouse that features three environments — desert, sub-tropical, and temperate. It will grow plants for study and research, for community outreach, and for showing teachers how to use plants to enrich a math/science curriculum.
It also will be the first LEED certified green building in Pittsford.
Founded in 1924, Nazareth College is located on a close-knit, suburban campus in the dynamic, metropolitan region of Rochester, N.Y. The College offers challenging academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences and professional programs in health and human services, education, and management. Nazareth's strong cultures of service and community prepare students to be successful professionals and engaged citizens. The College enrolls approximately 2,000 undergraduate students and 1,000 graduate students.