For More Information
Please Contact: Jeremy Bagley at email@example.com or 585-389-5017
Nazareth College Office of Veterans Affairs is hosting a special Veterans Day event on Monday, November 12, from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the Otto A. Shults Community Center Forum, located on the Nazareth College campus. Hosted by News 8’s Maureen McGuire, the event is free and open to the public. Nazareth College is located at 4245 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618. For further information please contact Jeremy Bagley, Coordinator, Nazareth College Office of Veterans’ Affairs at 585-389-5017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nazareth seeks to reflect upon and honors the contributions of the men and women who serve and have served in our armed forces. The College continues to work toward meeting the needs of veterans who have joined its student body through the Nazareth Veterans Scholarship and Yellow Ribbon Program, and our partnership with Veterans Outreach Center (VOC) to counsel and assist student veterans. To learn more about the Nazareth commitment to veterans visit naz.edu/veterans.
This year’s events will feature four guest speakers: U.S. Army Veteran and Director of Monroe County Veterans Services Agency, Laura Stradley; retired Major General Dennis Lutz( U.S. Army); Colonel Gary Yaple( U.S. Army) who serves as President/CEO of the Veterans Outreach Center, Inc.; Barry Culhane, Vietnam era veteran( U.S. Army) / Executive Assistant to the President at RIT, and veteran student speaker, Claude Jordy.
The sequences of events:
• 11:10 a.m. -11:15 a.m. Welcome from Daan Braveman, President Nazareth College.
• 11:15 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Opening remarks by Jeremy Bagley, Coordinator of the Nazareth College Office of Veterans’ Affairs.
• 11:40 a.m. -11:45 a.m. Presentation of Nazareth College Service to Veterans Award.
• 11:50 a.m. – Noon Presentation of Lifetime Service to Veterans Award.
• 12:10 p.m. – 12:15 p.m. Presentation of “Lead from the Front Award.”
• 12:15 p.m. – 12:20 p.m. Presentation of Kade E. O’Brien Student Veteran of the Year Award.
• 12:20 p.m. -12:30 p.m. Invitation to campus and community to tell their story or that of a loved one—through story or memorial candle lighting.
Founded in 1924, Nazareth College is located on a close-knit, suburban campus in the dynamic, metropolitan region of Rochester, N.Y. The College offers challenging academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences and professional programs in health and human services, education, and management. Nazareth's strong cultures of service and community prepare students to be successful professionals and engaged citizens. The College enrolls approximately 2,000 undergraduate students and 1,000 graduate students.