- Upcoming Programs
American Language Institute 2012-2013
American Language Institute now offering Fall and Spring semester programs as well as special summer programs. Enroll today! Learn more
The Center for International Education (CIE) at Nazareth College is the cornerstone of the college's unwavering commitment to international education. Established in 2002, the CIE is the flagship of global initiatives and activities at Nazareth. In planning and implementing Nazareth's mandate to carry out its global goals and responsibilities, the CIE defines, develops, and supports internationally focused interdisciplinary academic and development activities. Additionally, it provides a forum through which Nazareth's students, faculty, staff, and alumni pursue collaborative interests and projects with partner institutions around the world.
The main activities of the CIE include:
- Administration for all international students, scholars, and their dependents for information and services related to immigration regulations, personal, social, and cross-cultural adjustment.
- Overseas study programs, student and faculty exchanges, research endeavors, and cultural activities with sister institutions around the world.
- Administration of the American Language Institute.
- Planning and implementation of an internationally-oriented educational program that is reflective of the demands of a new global reality.
- Conference and colloquia support, cultural events, and scholarly publications with interdisciplinary focus on global themes, enhancing the intellectual atmosphere at Nazareth College.