music program, music therapy program, music performance program, music/business program, music education program at Nazareth College Rochester, NY
Each degree program in the department challenges students to develop in their study of music and musicianship, a chosen professional music discipline, and the liberal arts. The programs have cohesive requirements that give students a solid foundation within each component. Students entering the department have competed against a wide range of applicants for acceptance.
- Bachelor of Music in Music Education
- Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy
- Bachelor of Music in Music Performance
- Bachelor of Science in Music/Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Arts in Music (Music History)
- Bachelor of Arts in Music (Music Theory)
- Minor in Music
- Minor in Jazz
Note: students may not double major in music and musical theatre.
The Department of Music is ever expanding in its connection to international countries. Summer courses in Austria and Italy lead by Nazareth faculty, ensembles tours to countries like Poland, the Bahamas, Italy, England, and Mexico and developing relationships with schools in China have opened the boundaries of musicians enrolled in study at Nazareth.