music education program, music education degree, graduate studies, master's of music education, master of music education degree, Nazareth College of Rochester, NY
The master of Music Education degree program offers advanced instruction to teachers who are certified in music education. As part of the program, you’ll learn to develop a deeper level of musical skill and understanding, as well as an increased knowledge and skill in the pedagogy of music instruction. Equally important, you’ll develop an appreciation and awareness of current issues in music education and their implications for research and practice.
The Music Education Graduate Program is approved by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Flexibility and convenience - Courses are offered in the Fall, Spring and Summer. Evening classes are offered during the school year for maximum convenience.
- Variety - Course offerings are varied to satisfy many different interests.
- A shorter time commitment - only 30 credit hours are required to complete the program. Half of these credits are electives.
- Collaboration - Many students are currently teachers, so you have the opportunity to collaborate with your peers throughout the program.
- Focus on applied study – Applied study on a primary instrument is available which culminates with a graduate recital.
- Individual attention – One-on-one attention from faculty members including the program director as needed.
Audition Dates 2013-2014
- Thursday, October 3, 2013 (October 1 for Spring term)
- Thursday, April 3, 2014 (March 1 for Summer term; April 1 for Fall term)
The audition should be 10 to 15 minutes in length, representing at least two different composers and styles. A variety of tempi is preferred. Vocalists must include music in three languages, including English. As part of the audition, the Department of Music faculty will interview each applicant.
The audition must be completed prior to the graduate application deadline.