Nazareth College recognizes the importance of providing education for a racially and ethnically diverse population, and for preparing its students for a diverse world. Through the Office of Multicultural Affairs, a focused, coordinated proactive college-wide effort is provided by:
- Assisting in the recruitment and retention of minority faculty, staff and students;
- Developing a retention program for minority students;
- Providing professional development opportunities for faculty, administration and staff;
- Creating opportunities for acknowledging and celebrating diversity;
- Hosting guest speakers from several disciplines for Freshman Seminars and various classes.
We, the Nazareth community, embrace both respect for the person and freedom of speech. The College promotes civility and denounces acts of hatred or intolerance. The free exchange of ideas is possible only when concepts, values, and viewpoints can be expressed and challenged in a manner that is neither threatening nor demeaning. It is the policy of Nazareth College, in keeping with its efforts to foster a community in which the diversity of all members is respected, not to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, marital or veteran status, or disability. Respect for the dignity of all peoples is an essential part of the College's tradition and mission and its vision of the future.