...your life and your work
MALS: a flexible graduate program
for the adult learner
Welcome to the safari. Yes, the intellectual safari, a wondrous interplay of students, faculty and subjects that comprise Nazareth College's Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program (MALS). This unique and challenging program offers members of our community the opportunity to embrace learning in the spirit succinctly expressed by Samuel Johnson: "Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last."
Is Nazareth College's Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program right for you? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I looking for a degree that can expand my leadership capabilities and my career options?
- Do I wish to broaden my intellectual experiences and deepen my cultural awareness?
- Do I desire to improve my critical and creative oral, written and presentation skills?
- Am I intellectually curious and do I love to explore new ideas?
- Do I enjoy reading, discussing and critiquing the great intellectual ideas and artistic works of humanity?
- Are my areas of interest too diverse for a specialized graduate degree?
- Would I find intellectual engagement with outstanding faculty and adult students challenging?
- Do I believe the opportunity to learn should be embraced in the spirit of wonder rather than fear?
- Would I excel in a learning environment that features small, intimate classes, where learning is cooperative rather than competitive?
Have you answered "yes" to two or more of these questions? Are you intrigued enough to discover more? If so, explore the MALS website to learn more about the program, its students and faculty. I also encourage you to contact me by phone at 585-389-2637, via e-mail at email@example.com or write to me at 4245 East Avenue, Rochester NY 14618-3790 to discuss the program further.
Dr. Monica Weis, SSJ
Director of MALS