- Contact Information
Deborah LaBelle, Ph.D.
What will the Internet be like 20 years from now? What company will be the next Google or Apple? What is the effect of technology on ethics, economics, and globalization? Information Technology at Nazareth College asks questions such as these, while giving students practical preparation for a career in IT.
Information Technology is not simply about computers or programming. It is the use of technology to solve problems. A career in IT requires innovative thinking, communication skills, teamwork, and an interest in how people and technology interact. Our IT program prepares students for entry level positions in IT, while emphasizing the critical thinking and leadership skills they will need for a future career in the global knowledge-based industry.
- Emphasis on computer and information systems knowledge, developing technological solutions to business problems.
- Learn to apply emerging technology to business processes.
- Development of skills in the areas of oral and written communication, critical thinking, analysis and teamwork.
- Required core courses in business management.
- Required internship.
- Nazareth IT graduates have achieved 100% job placement.