- Contact Information
Cathy A. Leverone, M.S., C.P.A.
The finance program is part of the School of Management. The program offers a Bachelor of Science degree in business finance.
The B.S. in Finance will offer the student a well-rounded education central to Nazareth’s mission and will enable the student to develop skills necessary for the pursuit of a meaningful career in finance. Further, the major will remain consistent with the Mission of the School of Management to prepare the students to become responsible leaders with the ability to contribute sustainable value for both business and society.
The objective of the Finance program is to prepare students for a professional career in a variety of finance concentrations. The student will:
- Gain an understanding of the flow of financial resources and the role financial institutions play in the flow of funds.
- Develop an understanding of financial management and the important role it plays in every organization.
- Learn how to access, utilize, and interpret financial information through the use of analytical tools and software tools.
- Develop a framework for evaluating capital investment decisions based on risk, cash flow, cost of capital and required return on investment (ROI).
- Understand the mechanics of financial markets, investments and portfolio theory.
- Demonstrate competency in professional written and oral communications.