- Program Quick Info
The M.S. in Certified Public Accounting program is only offered as a five-year program where students enter as Freshmen and earn a joint BS/MS degree. Transfer students with a Bachelors in Accounting may also apply.
The program is designed to provide the 150-hour requirement for accounting majors in preparation for the CPA exam.
Our students learn the financial side of business and gain the social and analytical skills to identify and solve problems in a professional and ethical manner.
Collaboration is highly stressed and all final projects are team-based. Students also solve accounting problems within the context of economics, finance, management, marketing, ethics, technology and global issues.
The 5-year Master of Science in Accounting Program is available to entering freshman with the option to pursue a joint BS/MS degree. Students with a B.S. degree in accounting, from other schools, are also eligible to apply for admission for the MS portion of the joint BS/MS degree.
- High job placement rate --- the demand for accountants is on the rise and we are able to place may of our students into jobs right after graduation
- Focus on communication skills, including speaking, writing, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Emphasis on professionalism, ethics and serving the public interest by providing fair and impartial information.
- A fast career track – A BS to MS program where students only need 1 additional year to be eligible to sit for the CPA.
- C.P.A. qualification --Successful completion qualifies students to sit for the New York State C.P.A. exam.
- Opportunities for Internships with major accounting firms.