Summer Hours: 8 am-4 pm M-F; 10 am-4 pm Sundays
Location: Library lower level, room 129
ILL Office Phone: (585) 389-5011
These services are available to all current Nazareth College Students, Faculty and Staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Forgot Your Username/Password?
You need to contact the ILL Office at 585-389-2184 or 585-389-5011 during office hours, or you can email ILL Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the "Log On" link into ILLiad. The "Forgot Password?" link is located here.
ILLiad will send a new password to the e-mail address you have listed in your ILLiad account. It will take a moment. You will have a limited amount of time to use and change the new password before it expires, so be sure to assign yourself a new password immediately. If you have not received an email response from the system, please contact the ILL Office to reset your password and verify your email address.
If you are unable to reach an ILL Staff Member, and you need to place your ILL requests immediately, please re-register.
Renewals can be submitted through the ILLiad system if your material:
- allows renewals (check the book band);
- is not due (or overdue);
- and if this is the first renewal you are seeking for this material.
To renew, log into your ILLiad account. Select "Checked Out Items". Locate your piece and click the "Renew Request" link located in the upper left corner.
If your material is due, or you are seeking a second renewal you need to contact the ILL Staff.
The ILL Office will contact the Lending Library regarding your renewal and will update the Due Date in your ILLiad record if the Lending Library grants it.
We will e-mail you the Lending Library's response.
If your request has been denied you will need to return the material by the due date provided in the e-mail.
You may place another request in the ILLiad system to obtain a copy of the same piece from another library.
What Can Be Requested Through ILL?
Books (including those listed as 'Lost' or 'Checked Out' from our Library)
Microfilm & microfiche
Theses & Dissertations
Media Materials, including DVDs, Videos, CDs, Audiocassettes, Computer Software.
Photocopies of journal articles and book chapters (In compliance with U.S. Copyright Law)
What cannot be requested through ILL?
Materials owned by Naz that have a circulating capacity within/or outside the Library (ie. Reference Material, Course Reserve Material, any Naz owned Media Material - DVDs, CDs, etc.) are not eligible for interlibrary loaning.
Textbooks. Can I request them through ILL?
While we do not ban requesting textbooks through ILL, this practice is HIGHLY discouraged for the following reasons:
- Due to high demand these are extremely hard to acquire and are often cancelled due to the item being in use, or in restricted/course reserve collections at owning libraries;
- The wait period for this type of item to arrive can exceed 10-20 days;
- Loan periods are NOT for the entire semester. While most libraries extend one renewal, second renewals are rare. You will need to return the book when the renewals are denied.
- These books are subject to frequent and immediate recalls. Retaining a book past its due date results in a higher cost borrowing the item vs. purchasing it, and the suspension of your Library privileges.