About The Program
Undergraduate students who come to Nazareth will complete a five year degree program, with a first year to eighteen months spent in intensive English classes through the Center for International Education’s American Language Institute and classes in their major as they are able. If they pass an English language equivalency examination offered by the Center, they will stay on at the college and earn a degree in their chosen area of The College of Arts and Sciences.
- Language Proficiency Requirements for Graduate and Undergraduate Students
TOEFL (Nazareth College Institution Code for TOEFL: 2511)
Normally, 79 (Internet-based) score with a minimum of 25 on the spoken language portion of the test is required. However, students who do not meet the required score and who opt to enroll in the American Language Institute may be conditionally admitted to the College with approval of the CIE director and the director of their program of study. They may obtain the necessary language proficiency through study and testing in American Language Institute programs, upon which time their conditional status will be removed and they will be fully admitted to the College. Normally, students have 18 months from the time of enrollment in the American Language Institute to successfully achieve language proficiency.
Nazareth is organized into the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Education, the School of Health and Human Services and the School of Management. The College offers over 40 four-year undergraduate programs, and more than 20 master's degree programs as well as a Doctorate of Physical Therapy. Challenging academic programs lead to a very successful career for most undergraduate and graduate students. Ninety-five percent of Nazareth graduates are working or in graduate school within one year of receiving their degree; 89 percent report their jobs are related to their majors. Within five years of graduation, close to two-thirds are pursuing or have earned advanced degree.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Music
- Master of Arts
- Master of Science
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Social work
- Doctoral of Physical Therapy
- Nazareth College Fine and Performing Arts Program for International Students
- The Master of Arts degree in American Studies for International Students
- TESOL Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages for International Educators
After Graduation: A bright future for the international students after Nazareth College
The College's academic excellence and career services programs prepare international students well for their bright future in US and in their home country. Career preparation at Nazareth college starts as early as freshman year and continues through graduation and beyond for all students.
- The Career Services Office offers workshops on preparing for graduate school, interviewing skills, resume writing, job search techniques and more.
- Students have the right to work in the US in their chosen field upon completion of their academic degree program for one year. CIE can help the international students obtain Optional Practical Training, which allows them to stay legally in US for this year.
- Rochester has many opportunities for international students who want to work in the US and to pursue an advanced degree. Such international companies as Xerox, Kodak, Bausch & Lomb, and others as well as the University of Rochester and Rochester Institute of Technology are located in close proximity to the campus. The ivy-league school, Cornell University, and the prestigious State University of New York at Buffalo are within an hour’s drive.