Academic Intensive English
Summer 2014 Semester
- May 12 - August 15, 2014
Fall 2014 Semester
- August 25 - December 5, 2014
Spring 2015 Semester
- January 12 - April 24, 2015
Summer Language Institute 2014
- July 14 - August 1, 2014 (3 weeks)
- June 30 - August 1, 2014 (5 weeks)
- Apply Now!
Send completed application and required documents by e-mail or postal mail:
American Language Institute Director
Center for International Education
Nazareth College of Rochester
4245 East Avenue
Rochester, New York 14618-3790
Office: GAC 231
Phone: (585) 389-5120
Welcome to the American Language Institute at Nazareth College!
If you would like to immerse yourself in American culture while learning American English, then you have come to the right place!
The American Language Institute offers intensive English programs for international students preparing for graduate or undergraduate studies, or who wish to further investigate the English-speaking world.
The American Language Institute is accredited through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA). Students enrolled in our program receive intensive instruction in the four components of language: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Classes are offered both in summer sessions and the fall semester, during which students are in classes for 20 hours/week. Students may be placed in beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels based on their abilities. Nazareth College is able to issue an I-20 form to obtain a student visa.
We offer three different program options including:
Conditional Admission for Degree Programs
- Students interested in enrolling in a degree program after studying in the American Language Institute studies, should apply to both Nazareth College Admissions and the American Language Institute. Please contact Linda Grossman, the Director of the ALI program, for more information.
Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP)
- Throughout the academic school year, we offer semester-long courses during geared towards preparing students for success in U.S. classrooms. This Academic Intensive English Program is offered during the fall, spring, and summer semesters. For more information, click here.
Summer Language Institute
- During the summer, we offer short-term English language and culture immersion programs. Students may select between the 3 and 5-week programs. For more information, click here.
Please visit the ALI Facebook Page for additional information about our programs.