Information for new Nazareth students
All staff,faculty and students will have received an email regarding registering with NazAlert.
The NazAlert system was updated on July 10, 2014. Instructions to register with the new NazAlert system have been sent to all staff, faculty and students.
NazAlert is a centralized notification system that will simultaneously notify all students, faculty, and staff of an emergency occurring on campus. In an emergency, the NazAlert system will be used to inform you of the nature of the emergency and emergency steps to be taken. This system is free.
How to Register with NazAlert
Access NazAlert for the First Time
- Open your e-mail from Nazareth Campus Safety inviting you to register with NazAlert.
- Click on the link in the email OR go to https://www.getrave.com/login/naz
- If needed, there will be a link to instructions on the login page welcome text
- Login with your MyNaz username and password
Set up Your Contact Paths
Contact paths are methods by which you will be contacted in the event of an emergency. NazAlert will contact you during an emergency notification via the methods you define. For assistance with setting up your contact paths (mobile phone, email, voice only phone) please visit:
NazAlert Fast Facts
Emergencies covered by NazAlert
NazAlert is prepared to handle any mass emergency on campus. Emergencies at Nazareth College are extremely rare but we are constantly planning for everyone's safety. Some examples where NazAlert may be used include:
- Extreme weather events such as wildfires, tornadoes, floods, or blizzards.
- Violent action on or near campus such as an armed individual
- Major accident on or near campus
- Major local chemical release
- Act of terrorism on or near campus
It should be noted that the use of NazAlert is at the discretion of the Director of Campus Safety.
How NazAlert works
You get to choose how NazAlert contacts you. You choose multiple contact methods when you register. The system will keep trying to contact you until it receives a confirmation. The methods of contacts are:
- Cell Phones
- Text messages (SMS)
- Stationary phones - Home/Apartment/Res Hall/Office
- Campus Email
- Private Email
In an emergency, the communication steps in NazAlert are:
- Nazareth College offices create voice and/or text messages describing the emergency and what steps are to be taken.
- NazAlert systems simultaneously contacts all students, faculty, and staff using their preferred communication methods.
- Students, faculty, and staff receive message and confirm message.
- Additional messages and/or directions can be created as conditions warrant
Who should subscribe to NazAlert
All members of the Nazareth College community should register for the NazAlert service. Although it may never be used, it will be invaluable in true emergencies.