Federal regulations require that the NazFlex benefit choices you make during the annual open enrollment period be effective for the entire plan year, which is January 1 to December 31, unless you have a “qualified event,” which is defined as any of the following:
- Marriage or divorce
- Death of a spouse or dependent child
- Birth or adoption of a child
- A change in employment status from full-time to part-time or part-time to full-time by you, your spouse or eligible domestic partner
- A child no longer qualifying as an eligible dependent
- A change in eligibility for a domestic partner
- A change in eligibility for a child (ren) of a domestic partner
- Dependents loss of Medicaid/CHIP coverage because of ineligibility
- An unpaid leave of absence for you or your spouse
- A significant change in health coverage for you or your spouse or eligible domestic partner, attributable to your spouse's or domestic partner’s employment
You must request a change of enrollment within 30 days of the “qualified event” date. However, you have 60 days from the date of the Medicaid/CHIP event to request enrollment under the Nazareth College plan.
Please note that any election change you request due to a "change in family status" must be consistent with the family status change that occurred.