How Do I Apply?
Complete Nazareth's common application for admission. On the Nazareth College supplement indicate that you are interested in being considered for the Higher Education Opportunity Program by checking "Yes" on question #3 (even if you are applying to the Excel Program).
Remember to submit a copy of the financial aid (FAFSA) form and your family's latest federal and state income tax forms with your tax forms and application for admission. (Your high school guidance counselor, local college or university, or community educational agency can give you information about admission and financial aid forms.)
Additional testing and a personal interview are required of students who meet the educational and economic requirements. Although we prefer that students be interviewed and tested while visiting the campus, arrangements can be made to accommodate applicants who are unable to make the trip.
Send directly to Nazareth College from your high school:
- Official high school transcript
- Letter(s) of recommendation (one to three letters from high school counselor and teachers)
- Student writing sample (about 500 words in length)
- List of senior courses
Additional Application Information
- Visual and Performing Arts applicants must contact the Admissions office to arrange an audition or portfolio review.
- Please note that the $40 application fee is waived for all HEOP/Excel applicants.
- After your application is complete, the HEOP/Excel staff will contact you to obtain your income verification documents and to set up an appointment for a personal interview and testing.
What are the Deadlines?
|Application Deadline||SAT/ACT (Optional)||Submit FAFSA||Notification Date|
|Early Decision (Binding)||November 1||November test date||CSS Profile (Call for more info)||Begins after December 15|
|Early Action (Non-binding)||December 1||December test date||No later than February 15||Begins after January 15|
|Regular Decision (Non-binding)||February 1||January test date||No later than February 15||Begins after March 1|
What if I'm Transferring?
If you are a transfer student and wish to receive HEOP services at Nazareth, you must have been previously enrolled in HEOP, EOP, or SEEK at another institution. Verification of your status is required before final acceptance to Nazareth. The Excel program is not open to students transferring to Nazareth from another college or university.
Note: Transfer applicants must complete the regular Nazareth College application.