- You must be a New York State resident for one year prior to your entry into HEOP
- You cannot have enrolled at another college, unless through similar opportunity programs such as SEEK, EOP or College Discovery.
- You must possess a high school diploma or a state-approved equivalency diploma
- You must be educationally disadvantaged; inadmissible under regular Nazareth College admissions standards based on high school averages and SAT scores.
- You must be economically disadvantaged as defined by the guidelines set forth by the New York State Education Department (see below).
Your academic profile must make your application inadmissible through the general admissions process.
The following guidelines apply to students who are entering college for the first time on or after July, 1, 2014. *These guidelines are subject to change without advanced notice:
|Persons in Family/Household||2014-2015|
*For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $7,511 for each additional person
The income guidelines noted above do not apply if a student falls into one of the following categories:
- The student or the student's family is the recipient of Aid to Dependent Children (ADC), Home Relief, or Family Day Care payments through a New York State or a County Department of Social Services;
- The student is living with foster parents who do not provide support for college and no monies are provided from the natural parents; or
- The student is a ward of New York or a County in New York State.
*Other exceptions may apply.