Well-educated nurses enjoy opportunities in a wide variety of work environments including nursing homes, clinics, public health agencies, schools, hospice, military and many others.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Imagine being a nurse who is not only a caregiver but a problem-solver, one who combines medical expertise with an awareness of global health issues. Imagine the rewards of learning how to care for patients from different cultures in a diverse population. Imagine the possibility of studying abroad to get a firsthand look at healthcare systems in places like London or Finland. This is the study of nursing at Nazareth—a program designed for the complexity and challenge of 21st century healthcare.
Why a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing?
According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, rapidly expanding clinical knowledge and mounting complexities in health care mandate that professional nurses have baccalaureate degrees in nursing.
Health care today requires RN's who can:
- Practice across multiple, less structured environments
- Function with more independence in clinical decision making and case management
- Supervise unlicensed aides and other support staff
- Design and manage a comprehensive plan of nursing care
- Master advancing technology
- Students gain clinical experience in a variety of settings: acute, ambulatory, long-term care, and community-based.
- Strong emphasis on working in multicultural situations with patients of diverse backgrounds, languages, and income levels.
- The program is rooted in the Nazareth liberal arts tradition, so interdisciplinary studies are encouraged in related fields such as gerontology, art therapy, and communications sciences.
- The only program in the area to offer a 1+3 BS program for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The 4-year BS Program
The Nazareth four-year undergraduate Baccalaureate of Science Program in Nursing (BS, Major in Nursing) is for:
- Individuals interested in becoming a registered nurse who are just beginning their college career and do not hold an undergraduate degree and/or who do not have any prior nursing training.
- Individuals with an associates or bachelor's degree in a field other than nursing.
The undergraduate baccalaureate degree in nursing curriculum will prepare you for professional nurse licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination-RN (NCLEX) and provide you with opportunities to work with patients from diverse cultures in a variety of settings.
The RN to BS Program
The Nazareth RN to BS Program is for:
- RNs with associate degrees who wish to advance their professional nursing career by earning the baccalaureate degree.
- Diploma RNs who wish to broaden their liberal arts, sciences, and humanities knowledge and add to their current nursing knowledge and skills.
Nazareth College offers programs for both full-time and part-time study, as well as a full-time Fast Track program where you can complete your BS degree in 16 months.
The LPN to BS Program
The Nazareth LPN to BS Program is for:
- LPNs who wish to become a baccalaureate prepared Registered Nurse.