M.S. Speech-Language Pathology
Preparing you with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to be effective, efficient, and ethical professionals in a diverse society is what Nazareth’s Speech-Language Pathology Graduate Degree Program is all about. From individualized programs to meet your specific interests, to extensive hands-on clinical experience, you’ll gain knowledge and practical skills to evaluate, treat, and advocate for individuals with communication and swallowing disorders.
The Master of Science education program in Speech-Language Pathology at Nazareth College is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland, 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700. Graduates are eligible to apply for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP), and New York State license in Speech-Language Pathology. If the student has completed the New York State Department of Education requirements for initial certification as a Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD), completion of the Master's degree program satisfies the academic criteria for application for the professional teacher certification (TSSLD Pre K-12 - All Grades).
- Individualized programs to meet your interests as you fulfill the certification standards required by the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
- Opportunities for interprofessional collaboration across the School of Health and Human Services.
- Strong academic curriculum with a wide range of course offerings including current topics and specialty areas. (Deafness concentration in working with individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.)
- Extensive clinical opportunities are available through our on-campus clinics, community outreach programs and a wide variety of external practical settings.
- Supportive and accessible faculty with a variety of research interests and clinical expertise.
- 100% employment rate after graduation (three-year average)
- 100% pass rate on the Praxis Examination (three-year average)
- 99% program completion (three-year average)