- Getting Started with SPIN*
- Creating a SMARTS-GENIUS Profile*
- SPIN, SMARTS, and GENIUS reference manual*
- SPIN Quickcard*
To aid faculty in their pursuit of external funds, Nazareth College subscribes to SPIN. Developed and managed by InfoEd International, SPIN is a web-based searchable funding opportunities database of national and international government and private funding sources.
The SPIN database concisely and clearly provides faculty with information pertinent to making decisions regarding the pursuance of specific funding opportunities. All of the data on SPIN is obtained directly from the sponsoring agencies to ensure the integrity of the information.
A useful feature of SPIN is SMARTS (SPIN Matching And Research Transmittal Service), which offers faculty the opportunity to enter their academic research profiles and receive email alerts when newly listed funding opportunities in the SPIN database are matched with their profile.
In addition, faculty also have access to GENIUS (Global Expertise Network for Industry, Universities, and Scholars), a web-based searchable international registry of scholar and research expertise. With GENIUS, faculty have access to the InfoEd database of registered profiles and can search for scholars and researchers with research interests similar to their own.
Conversely, Nazareth faculty can register their own profiles through GENIUS in order to be available to scholars and researchers interested in connecting with them.
- SPIN can be accessed directly from any campus computer or, when using an off-campus computer, with your GENIUS username and password.
- When setting up your GENIUS profile (to receive email alerts for funding opportunities relevant to your interests) you will be asked for your Social Security Number (under the General category) — you are not required to enter your Social Security Number and it is recommended that you leave this space blank. The only fields that are required are Name, Department, and Email.
*Requires Adobe Reader to view.