Nazareth College salutes your service to our country and values your contributions to the campus community. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of student and financial services, and are here to assist with any issue that may arise.
For information on Veteran education benefits, click here.
Tuition & fees:
- Post 9/11(Chapter 33)- Qualified veterans and dependent students with transferred benefits at the 100% benefit level will receive up to $19,198.31 per academic year toward tuition and fees(paid directly to the college). Those with less than 100% benefit will receive their prorated benefit level. Benefit is limited to a total of 36 months.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)- Qualified veterans will receive 100% tuition and fees for up to 48 months.
- Post 9/11 (Chapter 33)- receive up to $1,000/year ($41.67/credit hour) (unless your eligibility is prorated). Paid directly to the veteran in a lump sum amount each semester.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) - receive full cost of books. Paid directly to the veteran.
- Paid directly to the veteran or qualified dependent during periods of enrollment and while school is in session. Prorated based on course load.
- Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) - Qualified students are eligible for a monthly housing allowance equivalent to an E-5 rank with dependents based on Nazareth College’s zip code ($1,344/month), (unless your benefit level is prorated).
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) - Program provides a monthly subsistence allowance for living expenses for up to 48 months to assist qualified veterans with service-connected disabilities.
- Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30) - Program provides a monthly education benefit for up to 36 months based on several criteria such as the length of service, type of training being taken, course load, and if the DoD put extra funds in the veteran's MGIB fund.
- Survivors & Dependents Assistance (DEA)(Chapter 35) - Program provides education benefits to eligible dependents of certain veterans for up to 45 months. (Qualified students enrolled in less than half-time will be limited to monthly education benefits not to exceed tuition and fees only).
- Montgomery GI Bill- Selective Reserve (chapter 1606) - An education program that provides up to 36 months of education benefits to members of the Selected Reserve.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Nazareth College has enrolled to participate in the program for 2013-14 with an amount of up to $7500 for all full-time undergraduate students. The VA will match each additional dollar awarded by the college up to total tuition and fees.
This program is only available to veterans and Chapter 33 transferees at the 100% benefit level. (Those that served an aggregate of 36 months of active duty or who were released for a service connected disability.)
Veterans who wish to utilize the Yellow Ribbon Program must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). NYS residents must apply for NYS TAP and the NYS Veterans Tuition Award (VTA).
For more information regarding NYS programs for veterans, click here.
For more information, contact Sandra Killeen, firstname.lastname@example.org.