- Contact Us
Golisano Academic Center, Room 203
Nazareth students in education programs can obtain information to apply on-line to New York State Education Department for permanent, initial and professional certification, extensions and annotations through the Teacher Certification Office in the Golisano Academic Center, Room 203. Usually this process is done during a student's last semester in a program.
Students completing their program on or after May 1, 2014 are responsible for taking the new tests.
Part of the certification process in New York State includes successfully completing the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations. For further information see Nazareth College's guide sheets:
If you are completing your program by December 2013, see your Program Director for guide sheets.
- Undergraduate Adolescence Education
- Undergraduate Music and Art Education
- Undergraduate Inclusive Early Childhood and Childhood Education
- Undergraduate and Post Baccalaureate Speech and Language Disabilities
- Graduate Educational Technology
- Graduate Inclusive Adolescence Education
- Graduate Inclusive Early Childhood Education and Childhood Education
- Graduate Literacy Education: Birth-Grade 6 and Grades 5-12
- Graduate TESOL Education
- Graduate Visual Arts
- ACCESS TEST INFO
- Computer Based Testing Information
- Outline of NY State Certification Information
Teacher certification requirements differ across states. New York State has agreements with other states regarding teacher certification. These states will take a NYS teaching certificate for the first year of teaching as the individual addresses certification requirements within their new state. Please note, it is wise to maintain your New York State certification. Please contact the certification office if you need further information.
- Interstate Certification Agreement and participating states
- For Out of State Information a Google or Other Search Engines
Designated Certification Officer for Nazareth College:
Craig M. Hill, Ed.D.