Explore additional opportunities for intercultural educational experiences for students, alumni, faculty and staff at Nazareth College.
Interested individuals from across teacher education programs.
Rui Cheng, LLT, Chair
Poonam Dev, SPFE
Deb Godsen-DePalma, SoE
Molly Keogh, ICE
Kathy Russell, ICE
Shirley Sommers, SPFE
Gail Stoddart, SoE
Goals & Objectives
- to assess current intercultural experience opportunities for students, faculty and staff in the SOE, including but not limited to student teaching in and outside the USA;
- to develop and explore additional international and intercultural educational experience options;
- to focus on experiences in cultures different from their own in as well as outside the USA, in teacher education and core-curricular programs, and in comparative education;
- to help attract students from outside the USA to our programs, e.g., International TESOL;
- to help facilitate Fulbright student and faculty scholar exchanges; and
- to increase exposure of the SOE and Nazareth College in the global community.
The IEC-SOE has prepared a short-term program in South Africa for summer 2011. For more information check the following documents: