- Program Quick Info
- Initial certification
- Additional certification, same developmental level
- Additional certification, changing developmental level
- Professional certification
- Initial certification: 48 credit hours
- Additional certification, same developmental level: 36 credit hours
- Additional certification, changing developmental level: 39 credit hours
- Professional certification: 36 credit hours Admissions Requirements
Today’s classroom is truly a diverse learning environment. As a
teacher, you will be challenged to work with students who possess a
variety of strengths and abilities and come from different backgrounds.
Your ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of each
group of learners will be important. Our Graduate Inclusive Childhood
Education Programs can give you the skills, strategies, and
decision-making abilities you need.
These rigorous programs are designed for students who do and do not yet hold Initial Certification in Childhood Education (Grades 1-6) and in Teaching Students with Disabilities at the childhood level. Here, you will work in programs that are grounded in theories about child development, inclusive education, differentiated instruction, backward design and education for social change. You’ll enjoy multiple opportunities to read about, discuss, analyze and act in relation to Inclusive Education. Your journey with us will be stimulating and challenging and will offer you the potential to be an agent for change with individuals and groups in classrooms and schools.
- Solid preparation – We prepare you how to be a teacher through a combination of classroom instruction and on-site experience. We have a strong collaborative relationship with local partner schools and we deepen these relationships by having site-based classes for many of our courses.
- Solid reputation – It’s estimated that Nazareth College produces 1 out of 3 of all teachers in the Rochester area, earning us the well-deserved reputation as the largest producer of quality educators in the region.
Dr. Ellen Contopidis, Program Director
Graduate Inclusive Childhood Education Programs