Nazareth College currently offers several certification-only programs. These programs lead to teacher certification or build on existing teacher certification, but do not lead to an academic degree.
The following certification-only programs are currently offered:
- Adolescence Certification for Career Change Emphasizing Secondary Schools (ACCESS)
This program is designed to prepare students to teach at the middle and high school level who already hold a Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Extension in Bilingual Education
This program of study focuses on Spanish bilingual education. Students who successfully complete this program will extend their NYS Teacher Certification to teach in bilingual settings.
- Extension in Gifted Education
This nine-credit hour graduate level program is designed for certified teachers who are interested in working with students who are gifted and talented, and would like to receive an extension certificate in this area.
- Annotation in Teaching Students with Severe or Multiple Disabilities
This program of study focuses on deepening students' understandings of teaching students with disabilities and challenging behavior.
- Extension for Coordinator of Work-Based Learning
This program of study focuses on the management of a multicultural workforce, with special attention to issues affecting an organization's human resources.
- Advanced Certificate in Critical Urban & Community Education
This program is for teachers, school staff and community educators who recognize the need to enhance the learning experience for today's students in urban settings.