The First Year Seminar is a Perspectives Enduring Questions (P-EQ) course that is, in addition, designed to help you engage in college-level learning and our Core Curriculum. The difference between a regular P-EQ course and an FYS version of it is: (1) how the course is taught, and (2) the amount of time that is spent showing you how the course fits into the larger structure of the Core Curriculum.
This seminar helps you practice your presentation and writing skills, and it gets you involved--in both the Nazareth College learning and social community.
What's more, at the same time as your FYS you'll take the one-credit Academic & College Success class that'll help you make the transition to college.
- Seminar-style environment in which to learn the content of a P-EQ course.
- Maximum of 20 students per course.
- Special strategies that will help you develop your skills in oral communication.
- An out-of-class activity like dinner at your professor's house, a class hike, service learning, and so on in which you get to know your classmates better and your Prof!
- An out-of-class cultural or scholarly activity related to the content of the course.