The Department of Community Service provides opportunities for service, leadership, community involvement, and civic engagement in partnership with local and international schools and organizations. The programs advance student learning by increasing the understanding of social issues, strengthening social responsibility and heightening an understanding of human diversity while responding to the challenges of our community.
- Students strengthen their professional skills by applying knowledge and skills from their course work.
- Students develop their understanding and appreciation for cultural and human differences through interactions with our community.
- Students develop their sense of civic responsibility by exploring and applying values and beliefs.
- Students sharpen their leadership skills through intentional leadership development opportunities.
- Students explore the essential characteristics of civic engagement including reciprocity, community defined goals, and strength based asset building approaches.