Where Are They Now?
Relationships with our students don't end when they graduate. Many alumni keep in touch, sharing their adventures and success as they tackle all sorts of research and careers. See more
Nazareth College's Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry offers exciting degree programs in Chemistry, Biochemistry and Chemistry Education. The undergraduate programs consist of a combination of core courses with lectures, laboratory work, specialty seminars and research opportunities.
Why Choose Nazareth Science Programs?
- Innovative teaching strategies - Our faculty use methods that assist in students' understanding and engage them in the learning process. Case studies, peer-learning, guided inquiry, and independent research are used to enrich and expand the scientific development of our students.
- Undergraduate research opportunities - Currently, we have research projects involving alternative fuels, the chemistry of wine, and molecular design at the interface of biology, chemistry, and medicine.
- Success of our alumni - Our alumni are accepted to competitive graduate programs and medical schools and readily find positions in the work force. Our Chemistry Education graduates are also highly regarded and are sought after by local school districts.
- ACS-accredited programs in both Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Degree Program Offerings
- Chemistry (option with childhood or adolescence education certification)
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences
Related Interdisciplinary Programs
- Chemistry (minor)
- Environmental Science
- Pre-Dental (minor)
- Pre-Medical (minor)
- Pre-Veterinary (minor)
Biochemistry is the study of the molecular basis of biological processes in living organisms. The program provides opportunities for experiential learning such as undergraduate research, problem based learning, and internships. Learn More
Our students not only learn science, they learn how to be independent scientists. Under the guidance of faculty, students have the opportunity to do innovative, inquiry-based research on a unique topic of their interest. Learn More
This rigorous degree program builds a solid foundation in the sciences while providing hands-on experience with current medical lab technologies and the latest approaches to patient care. Learn More