Should you have any questions about these awards please contact Nuala Boyle (firstname.lastname@example.org or x2670)
The President’s Civic Engagement Awards offers Community Service Awards as well as Service Learning Awards to students, Faculty, Staff and Community Partners. For the Community Service Awards, the campus community nominates each other and the President’s Civic Engagement Awards selection committee chooses the recipients. The Center for Service Learning chooses the Service Learning Champion Award recipients. In working towards the college’s mission, “to inspire dedication to the ideal of service to their communities” we believe that these awards will provide an opportunity for the Nazareth community to reflect on the value of civic engagement in their lives, and to learn how very possible it is to make a difference.
This year the awards are on April 20th from 4:00pm-5:30pm with a reception afterward in the Otto Shults Community Center Forum.
Community Service Award - Student Nominations
Each year Nazareth College recognizes undergraduate students who have demonstrated a commitment to service, either to our own Nazareth College community or the greater community at large. These students exemplify dedication to the ideal of service that is part of our mission as a college.
The President’s Civic Engagement Awards committee looks at:
- Service that addresses the needs of people who are part of the Nazareth College community or the greater community at large
- Campus-based committee work intended to benefit the non-campus community
- Community service for which the student received academic credit
- Community service that was done as part of a course
- Service for which the student received some salary or compensation
- Experiences that are service-orientated but focused on the Nazareth College community
Community Service Award - Faculty and Staff Nominations
The faculty and staff members of Nazareth College are exceptional in many ways. Award nominees are members of the Nazareth community who make outstanding efforts providing volunteer service to the community. These awards serve to highlight the personal commitments that Nazareth faculty and staff members make towards leading a civically engaged life, volunteering time and talents to our community, and inspiring others to become caring, active and informed members of our society.
Examples of community service may include but are not limited to:
- Service that addresses the needs of people who are part of the Nazareth College community and the community at large
- Providing professional volunteer services, fund raising, and membership on community service focused organization boards.
- A Leadership position on a board, active membership in a club or organization, and/or volunteer work.