The Center for Civic Engagement leads and advocates for the civic mission of higher education and Nazareth College.
The mission of the Center for Civic Engagement is to support the development and coordination of the rich, diverse, and varied curricular and co-curricular partnerships that actively engage Nazareth within local, regional, and global communities. Through their involvement students will develop the understanding, commitment, and confidence to lead fully informed and actively engaged lives.
Center for Civic Engagement Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will strengthen their professional skills through real world experiences engaging with our community.
- Students will develop their understanding and appreciation for cultural and human differences through interactions with our community.
- Students will develop their sense of civic responsibility by exploring and applying values and beliefs.
- Students will sharpen their leadership skills through intentional leadership development opportunities.
- Students will increase their understanding of community issues and consider possible solutions.
- Students will explore the essential characteristics of civic engagement including reciprocity, community defined goals, and strength based asset building approaches.