- Elisabetta Adami, Professor of Interpretation and Translation, Università per gli Studi G. D’Annunzio will teach two classes on Translation and Interpreting and Cultural Presentation on Italian Working World
- September 18, Maria Rosaria Vitti-Alexander, Professor of Italian, Nazareth College, will give a lecture on Pirandello and the World of Kaos.
- Antonino Riggio, MS in Technology, Università di Catania, Sicily will provide a musical program for Nazareth students
- September 25, Open House with concert: Antonino Riggio and students will offer a musical performance.
- Series of lectures on Italian Opera Masterpieces:
Sunday, October 12
3:00 pm, Casa Italiana
Please join us, and our special guest, Dr. Marjorie Roth, Professor of Music History, Nazareth College, for a talk on Early Italian Opera as Music, Medicine and Magic.
Sunday, October 19
3:00 pm, Casa Italiana
Please join us, and our special guest, Dr. Mario Martinez, Associate Professor/Coordinator of Vocal Studies, Nazareth College, for a talk on Le Nozze di Figaro and the opera's Viennese history and Mozart's portrayal of women.
The Metropolitan Opera is broadcasting live in HD on screen in cinemas as follows:
Mozart's Le Nozze di FigaroOctober 18, 12:55 pm, Live in HDOctober 22, 6:30 pm, Encore presentationAMC Webster 12, Regal Eastview, Regal Henrietta, Cinemark TinseltownRossini's Il Barbiere di SivigliaNovember 22, 12:55 pm, Live in HDNovember 26, 6:30 pm, Encore presentationAMC Webster 12, Regal Eastview, Regal Henrietta, Cinemark TinseltownTo view The Met's full schedule, please visit:
Tickets for the 2014-15 Live in HD season are available online and at participating theatre box offices.
October 25, 2014
High Falls Film Festival presents:
We Weren't Given Anything for Free
(Non ci è stato regalato niente)
4:30 pm, The Dryden Theatre at the George Eastman House
Directed by Eric Esser
Cinematographer: Caro Krugmann
A remarkable story of courage and liberation.
Followed by a discussion with Maria Rosaria Vitti Alexander, Casa Italiana
Sponsored by Casa Italiana
Click here to view the trailer and purchase tickets
- November 17-19, Alfonso Campisi, Professor of Italian Literature and Immigration, University of Tunisia, will give a lecture and film presentation (joint program with RIT and La Maison Française).
Monday, November 17th
Conference: History of Sicilian Immigration to Tunisia XIX-XX century
Movie: Bastava una notte, Sicilian of Tunisia.
Tuesday, November 18th (RIT)
Wednesday, November 19th (French House)
Movie: Un ete a la Goulette
Discussion: a Goulette: ville de la tolerance?
- Holiday Celebration with La Maison Française and Casa Hispana
February - May
- Gaetano Cipolla, Professor Emeritus of St. Johns University
- Sicilian History Series
- Film Series and Lectures on Giuseppe De Santis (January-May)
- April 9: Antonio Vitti, presentation on Giuseppe De Santis films
- Professor Cezary Bronowski, University of Torun, Poland: Lecture on Pirandello and his Theater in Poland (tentative)
- Mancini Lecture
Event dates are tentative and times to be announced. More information to come!
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated.