- Emergency Phone Numbers
External Number: 585-389-2850
Police, Fire, Ambulance: 911
The Campus Safety office is open 24 hours a day and is conveniently located at 021 Otto A. Shults Community Center (lower level). The Department coordinates all requests for services for outside law enforcement, fire departments, medical or other emergency responses on campus. All campus fire and security alarms are also monitored from this area.
- Blue light courtesy phones are strategically located throughout campus. These phones dial directly into the Campus Safety Office and indicate the caller's exact location to the dispatcher. The campus community is encouraged to use these telephones to request information, escorts, and motorist assistance (lock-outs, jump starts), or to report suspicious conditions.
- Residence Halls have telephone jacks and students are encouraged to use them. These phones may be especially useful during times when cellular service is interrupted.
- Students, Faculty and Staff are encouraged to sign up for the Security Escort beeper. When activated these easy to carry alarms provide Campus Safety with the location of the person activating the alarm even when the person is moving. Security Officers will immediately respond to the location of the alarm.
To File a Report
To file a report or concern with Campus Safety you can stop by the Campus Safety Office at 021 Shults Community Center or call x3333 (on-campus) or 389-2850 (off-campus).
Law Enforcement and On-Campus Investigations
The Department does maintain a very close working relationship with area law enforcement agencies. All required criminal activities and motor vehicle accidents are reported to law enforcement by Campus Safety through the “911” system for reporting, investigative, and arrest purposes.
Campus Safety also investigates violations of the Nazareth College Student Conduct Code, which is distributed to all students at the beginning of each academic year. These incidents are generally referred to the Student Conduct office for review. Student Conduct procedures are clearly outlined in the Undergraduate Student Handbook, which is distributed to all students each year.
The Campus Safety Department uses a variety of methods to share information with the campus community regarding security and safety related issues.
- Safety notices and prevention flyers are distributed throughout campus.
- In the event that a situation arises, either on or off campus, that, in the judgment of the Director of Campus Safety, constitutes an on- going or continuous threat, a campus wide "timely warning” will be issued. The warning will be issued through the college’s NAZ Alert System and e-mail system to students, faculty and staff. The Campus Safety Department may also post a notice on the Nazareth College web site www.naz.edu, providing the college community with more immediate notification.