September 16th (9:00 am) to September 23rd (3:30 pm)
The link to register online will appear HERE during the registration period.
- Students in grades Pre-K through 8 actively create art in a variety of 2D and 3D media.
- NEW: There will be a class on Story Animation for grades 9-12. Taught by Alyssa Lindstrom and Kristen Pullen, students in this course will work with various animation
techniques. Students will experience stories
coming to life in the art room as they take their detailed 2-D sketches and
illustrations, and then animate them using the latest digital technology. Students will work on story boards and
learning the technical skills needed to create their own animations.
- NEW: A class for teens (13+) and adults - "Dynamic Figure Drawing". Taught by
Kathleen Cramer, participants will explore rendering the figure using a variety of drawing techniques and media. We will study proportion and structure of the human body through direct observation. This class is open to anyone who loves to draw and is interested in rendering the human figure.
- NEW: "Portfolio Development - mixed media" for grades 9-12. A class for those who want to develop a portfolio for their college applications. Taught by Cate Zalewski, students will create artworks in mixed media that focus on refinement of observational skills, explore techniques and enhance the content of their portfolio. Initially, the class will focus on drawing from observation, striving to improve rendering technique, proportion, value, and composition. Students will be encouraged to work through the "happy accident" and re-work images to completion through the exploration of mixed media from drawing to collage and painting.
- Saturday sessions are taught by advanced art education students and are supervised by Nazareth faculty.
Fall 2013 Dates:
Saturday Art for Children is scheduled for the following Saturday mornings in Fall 2013:
- September 28
- October 5
- October 12
- October 19
- October 26
- November 2
- November 9
Time and Location:
Classes are held in the Nazareth College Arts Center building, upper level, on Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
"2-D and 3-D" art for Pre-K to Grade 8: $75.00 per student (Includes materials)
Grades 9-12, and adults: $100.00 per student (Includes materials)
You can register ONLINE, by phone, or by mail.
Since online registration is done "live", parents know immediately if their child(ren) is/are in. The link to the registration form will be posted at the top of this page during the registration period.
REGISTRATIONS BY PHONE:
Phone in registrations will be accepted during the registration period only, between 9:00am and 3:30pm, by calling 389-2532. Registration requests left on voicemail will not be accepted. Registrations are confirmed when payment has been received. Three forms of payment are accepted:
- By credit card, when calling in the registration.
- By mail. You can send in a check and the envelope must be postmarked by the last day of registration. Send to: : Nazareth College Art Dept., Saturday Art for Children & Teens, 4245 East Ave., Rochester, NY 14618. Please write the name of the registered child on the check.
- In person with the Art Department Administrative Assistant in Room A-160. You can drop off either a check or cash, up to the last day of registration.
REGISTRATION BY MAIL:
Mail in a completed registration form, along with payment. For payment, either include a check or complete the section for payment by credit card. The envelope must be postmarked by the last day of registration. Send to: Nazareth College Art Dept., Saturday Art for Children & Teens, 4245 East Ave., Rochester, NY 14618.
Classes are filled according to the order in which registration and payments are received.
There is a limited amount of space available.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.