Thank you for your interest in our Saturday Art Program. Registration for the Spring Semester is now closed. Our next session will be in the fall. Please check this website the first week of September to find out when the next registration period will be. To access the latest Saturday Art Newsletter, please click here.
Established over 20 years ago by Dr. Karen Trickey, as Saturday Art for Children and Teens, the Saturday Art Program is an enrichment program in the Visual Arts for children in grades Pre-K to 12. Since Fall 2013, it includes classes for adults as well.
This semester the topics will be:
- Pre-K through Grade 6: Art Exploration. Themes for these grade levels connect curriculum taught in area school districts to the art classroom in a way that is age-appropriate, relevant, and meaningful for students. Students will create a variety of 2-D and 3-D work in these grade levels.
- Grades 7-9: Mixed Media Exploration. Students in this class will explore alternative techniques, combining a variety of materials to create their artworks. This course will introduce students to the fun world of creating, altering, and "up-cycling" books.
- Grades 10-12 & Adults: Digital Photography. Students in this class will gain knowledge of photography, develop an eye for successful composition, learn editing software, and much more! Students are required to provide their own digital cameras. Contact us with any questions via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grades 10-12 & Adults: Ceramic Hand Building. Students in this class will learn new skills and techniques as they create unique, hand-built ceramic sculptures! This course will take place in the Nazareth College Ceramics studio.
Spring 2014 Dates:
The Saturday Art Program will be meeting on the following Saturday mornings:
- February 8
- February 15
- February 22
- March 1
- March 8
- March 22:
Pre-K to grade 6: Class from 10 AM to 11 AM, followed by Exhibit from 11 AM to 2 PM.
Other classes: Regular classes from 10 AM to 11:30 AM.
- March 29:
Pre-K to grade 6: Regular classes from 10 AM to 11:30 AM.
Other classes: Class from 10 AM to 11 AM, followed by Exhibit from 11 AM to 2 PM.
Time and Location:
Classes are held in the Nazareth College Arts Center building, upper level, on Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Pre-K to Grade 9: $60.00 per student (Materials included.)
Grades 10-12 and Adults: $100.00 per student (Materials included.)
You can register ONLINE (preferred method), by phone, or by mail.
Since online registration is done "live", parents know immediately if their child(ren) is/are in. The link to the registration form will be posted at the top of this page during the registration period.
REGISTRATIONS BY PHONE:
Phoned in registrations will be accepted during the registration period only, between 9:00am and 3:30pm, by calling 389-2532. Registration requests left on voicemail will not be accepted. Registrations are confirmed when payment has been received. Three forms of payment are accepted:
- By credit card, when calling in the registration.
- By mail. You can send in a check and the envelope must be postmarked by the last day of registration. Send to: : Nazareth College Art Dept., Saturday Art Program, 4245 East Ave., Rochester, NY 14618. Please write the name of the registered child/children on the check.
- In person with the Art Department Administrative Assistant in Room A-160. You can drop off either a check or cash, up to the last day of registration.
REGISTRATION BY MAIL:
Mail in a completed registration form, along with payment. For payment, either include a check or complete the section for payment by credit card. The envelope must be postmarked by the last day of registration. Send to: Nazareth College Art Dept., Saturday Art for Children & Teens, 4245 East Ave., Rochester, NY 14618. Registrations received prior to the registration period will be open and processed manually the first morning of the registration period. Because many people register online in the first hour of the registration period, registrations processed manually are not guaranteed to secure a spot.
Classes are filled according to the order in which registration and payments are received.
There is a limited amount of space available.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.