Skip to main content

Transfer Credit Policies


  • Transfer students who complete an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree from a fully accredited college or university prior to registration at Nazareth College are ordinarily granted 60 semester hours of transfer credit and junior class standing upon enrolling at Nazareth College.
  • Students who have completed fewer than 30 semester or 45 quarter hours of college credit at the time of application must also submit an official copy of their high school transcript.
  • Transcripts from fully accredited institutions for applicants who do not possess the A.A. or A.S. degree are evaluated on a course by course basis. In such cases, the number of transfer credits awarded will be determined by a review of previous program(s) of study, previous academic performance and the academic program requested at Nazareth.
  • A maximum of 90 credits may be transferred to Nazareth College toward the baccalaureate degree, with no more than 60 credits earned at two-year colleges.
  • Transfer students cannot receive credit twice for courses with different titles but with similar content, wherever taken.
  • A grade of D+ or lower is not accepted in transfer, unless it is situated in an A.A. or A.S. degree already earned or it is earned in an affiliated college program (e.g., Rennes Program). However, 6-8 credits of requirements in which the student has D's may be waived. This is "placement without credit." This means the requirement is waived, but the 6-8 credit deficiency must be made up in some other courses or area.
  • A minimum of 30 credits, preferably the last 30, must be taken at Nazareth College, and the student should be matriculated prior to taking these credits.
  • During the semester after a student has matriculated (been formally accepted by the College) and after all official transcripts have been received, the Registrar's Office will mail the student a copy of the final and official evaluation of all transfer credits. Any evaluation of credits received prior to that time is unofficial and not binding. A grade of C- or higher is required for transfer of credit. Pass/fail graded courses are not transferable. All associate degree holders must have an official transcript, which indicates the degree received, sent to the Admissions Office.


Personal tools