Skip to main content

Transferring Summer & Intersession Courses

Student studying outside

Trying to get ahead or make up for deficiencies? Whatever the reason for taking classes at another institution, proper planning and advisement will ensure that the courses you select will satisfy degree requirements at Nazareth. Review the guidelines and policies in the Undergraduate Catalog prior to selecting your classes. Be sure to discuss your choices with your advisor when you meet to discuss and plan your next semester schedule.


Taking Courses at Another College

  • Every student taking courses at another college must file a Transfer Credit Approval Form, available in the Academic Advisement Center (Smyth 2), which must be signed by his/her academic advisor.
  • To research possible transfer courses, look first for courses with titles and descriptions similar to those of Nazareth courses.
  • Schedule a brief appointment with a Transfer Credit Evaluator to review possible courses by calling 389-2871 or visiting the AAC. Bring copies of course descriptions to the appointment.
  • Course cancellations generally occur at the last minute, so it is often helpful to receive prior approval for an alternate course in case your first choice is canceled.
  • Approval from the chairperson of the department in which the course would be located at Nazareth is required.
  • Grades for courses taken at other colleges are NOT calculated into the Nazareth GPA and CANNOT be used to replace grades earned at Nazareth.
  • Students who have had 60 credits accepted in transfer from two-year colleges may not transfer any additional credits from the two-year college level. Depending on several factors, it may still be possible to transfer courses from an accredited four-year college.
  • A minimum grade of C- is required to receive credit for a transfer course. Courses graded on a Pass/Fail basis are not accepted in transfer.
  • After all approvals are granted, students can register for courses at the visiting college. Check with that college regarding the requirements for registering. Some colleges require additional paperwork, transcripts or placement testing.
  • Upon completion of the course, contact the Registrar at the college you attended and request an official transcript to be sent to the Registrar at Nazareth. Student grade reports and grade documents printed off websites are not considered official.
  • Transfer courses are usually posted to Nazareth academic records within two weeks of the receipt of the official external transcript. Confirmation of postings are mailed to students and may also be viewed on NazNet.
Personal tools